Tuesday, January 19, 2010

So it begins...

My name is Dave, and I am looking for enlightenment.

While recently out of work on an extended leave for some surgery, I found myself with lots of time spent in books and in front of the television. As I lay their in bed trying to keep my mind occupied, I read the book "A Gathering of Selves" by Alvin Schwartz. I had read his first book "An Unlikely Prophet" a few years ago. The recent read into the multiple identities and realities we all live every second in time had rekindled an interest for me in Eastern Religions (Religions, Philosophies, Educations, whatever you choose to call it.)

Born into a Roman Catholic family and a regular church goer as a youth, I, like so many others, began questioning my faith during adolescence, and it wasn't until a college course in Eastern Religions that I started to find something that actually seemed to make a little more sense to me.

With this newly rediscovered interest, I have set out to re-familiarize myself with Buddhism. In doing so, I will charter what pieces and bits I have learned as I learn them and details my attempts to assimilate them into my everyday life as best I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment